Minnesota Afterschool Accreditation Program
Promoting Positive Youth Development
Join school-age care programs demonstrating quality through accreditation!
The Minnesota Afterschool Accreditation Program (MAAP) process will guide you in your quest for quality programming for Minnesota’s youth.
Whether you are a school-age or out-of-school time program or an early childhood program with a school-age room, this system of quality is for you!
• Provides a framework for program quality improvement efforts
• Provides a context for ongoing professional development
• Measurably strengthens out-of-school time programs and services
• Serves as a foundation for positive youth outcomes
• Fosters a better trained workforce thereby minimizing staff turnover
• Conveys a commitment to quality and informs families’ decisions about out-of-school time care.
Currently, more than 50 programs are already accredited and many more are in process. We would like to support you in promoting quality through accreditation!
Once your application has been approved you will have access to the MAAP Manual and Observation Tool to begin your journey to quality.
Program representatives and coaches are invited to attend the monthly cohort meetings to support the accreditation process.
Here is the 2013-2014 cohort meeting schedule.
The Minnesota Accreditation Facilitation Program (AFP) for school age programs, is funded by the Minnesota Department of Human Services and provides programs with supports and resources through 3 tiers of service.
- Tier 1: Technical Assistance via phone or email
- Tier 2: Onsite Needs Assessment (Metro Area)
- Tier 3: In-depth consulting/coaching/mentoring
The deadline to enroll for the 2013-2014 school year is September 30, 2013! Enroll here!
Documentation and Resources for Programs Enrolled in MAAP
Password protected, once your application has been approved, you will receive access to this area of the website.
Minnesota Afterschool Accreditation Program Endorsers
Kim St. Marie
Minnesota Afterschool Accreditation Program Manager
651.646.8689 ext. 39